Monday, September 13, 2010

Yesterday when heading to church

we were sitting at a light minding our own business. The light turned green, we started moving, and then a pedestrian came running across the street right in front of our car. I swore (in a way that was especially appropriate for someone on their way to church), Ben hit the breaks, and all was well. Then a block later the guilt set in and I explained to the girls, "I wasn't really swearing back there--I honestly thought that guy was Jesus." And Evie in an incredulous voice said, "He doesn't even look like that in books."

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Maybe if you guys were the monkey-baby couple, your kids would be dumb enough to buy such a lame cover. Looks like your combined genius has made your offspring just a little too astute for comfort. Looks like you're simply going to have to start being more reverent.