Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blah

Ben is attending the first sibling breakfast and I'm home with a sick, sick Evie. This isn't the first time they've ever eaten breakfast together--that would be CRAZY. Nope, this is just the first sibling breakfast to be inspired by the show Parenthood (WATCH it!!!). They're out at some cafe bonding and being all sibling-y and I am jealous. I should be studying for my Rural Soc. final, but I suddenly realized that I probably didn't finish the final problem on my math exam last night--I think I was probably supposed to solve it and I just simplified it and walked away. Suck!!! So in true neurotic fashion I can't focus on anything else. Weeeeeee!

Evie is home today, shortening her last week of school. Where are our immune systems lately? I left for the exam last night at 5 and she said she was sleepy--this made sense considering the fact that she woke up more than an hour early. But when I came home she had fallen asleep on the floor and was burning up. I woke her up to take her temperature and it was 102. What the heck? Didn't she just get over this cold? Do we really need to cycle through this again? Hopefully she didn't pass anything on to Ella and Sophie--the guilt would be too much for me.

I now love CSI. And like Mandy, I don't even feel ashamed about it anymore. What has happened to me?

Ben and I both agree that going to the zoo when it is full of screaming kids and impatient parents is one of the best birth controls ever. And it is also guaranteed to make you feel skinny. I spend my days on campus where almost everyone is somehow thin and perfect, meaning my self-esteem grows thinner and thinner by the day. Someone should have told me to visit the zoo! I walked out of there on Sunday feeling practically anorexic. I also walked out of there with a renewed love of winter--a time when people wear clothes, because most of us just really need to wear more. We went to the zoo this time just to see the Polar Bears and the new Arctic stuff. We didn't realize that this weekend was the switch-over to later hours, so our plan to get there just before closing and have the place to ourselves didn't work out. It was hot, it was crowded, and those damn bears just sat in the shade and panted. (Why do they have Polar Bears outside in an Ohio summer???) There's a plexiglass viewing area under the exhibit that lets you see an underwater view of the Polar Bears swimming. Did they swim? No. Did they move? No. Loser bears.

I started this post because I had something witty to say, but I think that was just a dream.

I will go study now. And it will be fun because it is Rural Soc. and it will involve things like cults and orgasms--yep, you read me right.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

"That was just a dream." Yeah, I keep having that dream, too. Then I wake up and realize I'm a lame poser, and should never try to be funny again, ever, especially in a brief, pithy manner.

I want to have a sibling breakfast.

Hope you guys feel better soon -

oh! also I caught a frightening black spider yesterday and let the ink we were making out of rose petals burn because I couldn't stop taking pictures of it, the spider, that is, trying to get a good shot of its iridescent green fangs. I read that it's not poisonous but a bite will nevertheless be painful. Really? Green fangs will hurt you? stfu.